The purpose of Trumbull New Theatre is to develop and maintain an amateur theatre in which people of the community may find an opportunity to develop a participating interest in all phases of the performing arts on and off stage. To inspire people of all ages to dream, explore, think and connect with a wide variety of characters and stories.
We believe that:
- Theatre has the power to illuminate, transform, and heal.
- Experiencing theatre is essential for our community to thrive.
- We have a responsibility to nurture, honor, and respect the imagination of our audience.
- Theatre and the performing arts stimulate intuitive thinking and encourage the creativity.
- Theatre can create community by bringing together a diverse audience encompassing all ages and backgrounds.
- We have a responsibility to continue to provide opportunities to everyone to experience live theatrical performances – whether onstage, backstage, front of house or in the audience.
- How we work with one another matters.
- Creating a working environment that encourages collaboration and creativity enables artists and staff to be fully self-expressive.